Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Aviation Story

My aviation interests blossomed from early experiences flying on commercial airliners. From these experiences, I developed a fascination with airplanes. The airport environment, the flight crew, and the aircraft were captivating. I was the child bickering and scheming to earn a window seat on every flight, as I could not resist peering into the seemingly magical world that existed only a few inches from my face. As I grew this infatuation continued. Driving past airports was a treat, and watching the aircraft soaring overhead was exciting. Around the age of eight, while everyone else wanted to be a police officer or doctor, I knew I wanted to be an airline pilot.

Several years later, I was finally able to begin flying lessons. My first flight lesson was in late August, 2010, in New Hudson, Michigan. Upon completing my first lesson, I was convinced that becoming a professional pilot was within reach. Two years later, I would earn my first pilot certificate at 17 years of age. After graduating from Novi High School in 2013, I enrolled in the aviation program at Eastern Michigan University to continue flight training and earn a degree in aviation.

Today, I am pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Flight Technology from Eastern Michigan University. I will graduate in April 2016. I also instruct at Eagle Flight Center to build flight experience. I still need to complete my commercial multi-engine training in order to graduate.

My plan is to continue instructing at Eagle Flight Center until I have 1,500 hours of flight time. Then I plan on flying for Endeavor Air Lines, as they have a Detroit base and are one of the highest paying regional carriers. I plan on remaining at Endeavor until I have the experience to fly for a major airline. My goal is to fly for Delta Air Lines for the remainder of my career.

With regard to guest speakers, I am interested in learning about the transition from general aviation aircraft to transport category aircraft. I would also like to learn more about life as a regional and mainline pilot. With respect to course topics, I am interested in exploring the current issues with automation in aviation as well as the potential impact of the upcoming pilot shortage on the airline industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment